Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I love the "juxtaposition" of...

A black man in a business suit.


That combination pretty much sticks it to "the man" in every possible way. Only a kinky, coil-filled afro can set that pairing over the edge.

I've heard people say that afros are a political statement in a negative way. Politics-schmolotics - I can't help it if straight, "neat" hair dulls in comparison. That's your own opinion.  I can't help it if my hair's nature is as unbridled as the curiosity the world has with it. Many have lost fingers, yea entire hands within my mane submitting to this earnest curiosity (with, or without my permission). I certainly can't help the envy of my "ethnicity", or what makes me "exotic" - words tainted with passive aggression used to pacify oceans of insecurity. Just stop it.

Call me what you want. The words that make me less "white" only make me even more appealing to you...
because hatred is really just envy, fear, and anxiety all rolled into one.





No comments:

Post a Comment